24/24 Response Line | 1 866 APPELLE (277-3553)
Founded in 1993 as a community organization, the Faubourg Suicide Prevention Centre aims to prevent suicide and its impact in the Laurentians by providing access to quality services to suicidal individuals, to their loved ones, to those in mourning after a suicide, and to the trained professionals who work with them. The organization also seeks to raise awareness and develop expertise for individuals and organizations.
Day in day out, our team of dedicated and qualified professionals work to…
- Offer professional and personalised support to suicidal individuals, to their loved ones, as well as to those mourning after a suicide.
- Educate and inform the population to counter stigmatisation and promote the emergence of grassroots suicide prevention initiatives.
- Offer clinical support and specialised training to social workers working with vulnerable clienteles.
- Promote and coordinate prevention, response and post-response strategies within the various life environments (institutions, businesses, organisations, associations, etc.).
- Contribute to the advancement of knowledge in terms of suicide-related issues and to the development of innovative prevention and response tools.
- Train agents (volunteers) who contribute to the achievement of suicide prevention targets.